Amidst the crowd

Amidst the crowd, I feel so all alone,

A sinking feeling that creeps up inside,

A little bubble, where I make my home,

And from the world around me, I will hide.


But as I pause, and breathe the present air,

I take a step, and try to look around,

And see the people, that are everywhere,

And hear their chatter, and their joyous sound.


I reach out, strike a conversation new,

Or join a group, to break the icy spell,

And find myself, a friend, or maybe two,

And suddenly, the world is just as well.


Yet, if the loneliness just won't subside,

And my anxiety is hard to bear,

I seek some help, a counselor to guide,

To find some peace, and someone who will care.


In crowds or in solitude, I will find,

A balance, that will bring me some relief,

And peace of mind, for heart and soul, entwined,

And help me cope, with sadness or with grief.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the Amen Sum All Our Praises

I confess I am an imposter!

The Extreme Middle?