Prompt - Patronize, spoiled reprimand, prickly, acidic, knife, scream, flute

“Don’t patronize me!” I yelled.  My sister Jeanie had a way of making me feel small, even when I knew I was right. “I can’t believe you are so spoiled you can’t see that I am right.”

“Whatever!” she said. And smiled at me as if she was telling me that nothing I could say would change her mind.

My reprimand obviously didn’t have an effect on her. How can she be so smug about something she doesn’t understand, even a little? I thought. How could two twins be so different?

I know it sounds arrogant, but I am the nice one, the one who is easy to talk to and be friends with.  Jeanie, however, is acidic, prickly, and mean.  Being friends with Jeanie is as dangerous as juggling with a knife; one never knows when it will stab you.

“Oh, hi Rob!” Jeanie’s voice changed from the quiet scream she used with me to a sweet melodic tone.  IT was like when a symphony hits a climactic note with everything playing and the timpani’s pounding and then a single flute comes in.  That’s how Jeanie could be.   Angry, smug, and obnoxious, then the appearance of kindness and saccharine, especially when Rob came by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the Amen Sum All Our Praises

I confess I am an imposter!

Prompt - A stranger walks into the general store and buys a hammer, a hatchet, some rope, and an apple. What’s up?