Love

Is this the love I sought for?

Is this the love I chose?

Is this the love I thought I’d reach

when I would write my prose



It’s not exactly what I thought

It isn’t always fun.

It has the added strength of work

and struggle under sun



It doesn’t have as much of lust

or sparks of merriment

It sometimes has the twinge of pain

whoever we are sent



But this is not a poem of hate

or of unrequited love

Or love that did not last the night

because of the road was rough



It’s a poem that understands that when

you have a love so dear

there comes with it lots of fun

and laughter every year



But the greatest loves have more than that

They are often filled with more

More of everything we find

that life has in store



So do not run from the love you have

when life comes to the door

open up and let it in

It’ll be far better than before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the Amen Sum All Our Praises

I confess I am an imposter!

The Extreme Middle?