This woman who woke every morning

This woman who woke every morning


Making sure we always were fed


Going to school and working


Making sure you had things to wear






Heartache was often her partner


And faith is what kept her strong


Mom I am so very grateful,


You raised me, you gave me my life






When I am busy she calls me


Sometimes I don’t want to talk


Text go unanswered and email


Go un read for way to long






But I will be someday be broken


When you’re not there to pick up the phone


Mom I want you to know


That I love you I love you, right now






I wish that I had been better


At being a and loving son


I would take back many things I have spoken


In anger, or just to make fun






You always stand behind me


To catch me whenever I fall


Mom how can I repay you


The debit is to high can’t be done.






Someday, your fire will diminish


And I’ll be left with only your love


A day when no letter, or phone call


Will remind me the love that you shared






By always wanting to be there


And strengthen me, help me to grow


Mom Im sure gonna miss you


You raised me, you gave me my life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let the Amen Sum All Our Praises

I confess I am an imposter!

The Extreme Middle?